Australia Food & Beverage Placement – Job/ Position Description
Please see below an example F&B job description for the Whitsundays in Australia. It is not the intent of this example job description to cover all aspects of the position but to highlight the most important areas of responsibility. This F&B job description covers many roles on the island, so do not worry if you do not meet all areas of the list.
Division: Food & Beverage
Reports To: Food & Beverage Supervisor, Assistant Restaurant Manager, Restaurant Manager
Direct Subordinates: Nil
Job Grade: Grade (Skill Dependent)
Responsible for providing a high standard of food & beverage service in an enthusiastic and friendly manner in the restaurant/bar/outlet in accordance with the service policy and standards to ensure guest satisfaction at all times.
- Arrives at the outlet in full uniform including name badge 5 minutes prior to the shift starting, attends briefing or checks briefing board and reports to the supervisor/manager.
- Ensures that the workstation is kept clean and tidy at all times and resets the tables to the correct standard as soon as it is vacated.
- Does not leave the allocated station without advising the immediate supervisor.
- Greets guests and assists the guest in sitting by pulling out the chair.
- Removes dirty dishes, glasses and cutlery and brings them to the dishwashing area.
- Responds to guest enquiries, requests and complaints in a prompt and courteous manner.
- Takes personal responsibility to ensure maximum guest satisfaction at all times.
- Ensures that breakages are kept to an absolute minimum.
- Ensures that the outlet and its immediate surrounds are kept clean and tidy at all times.
- Performs their duties enthusiastically and in accordance with the company values.
- Ensures Food Safe handling standards are practiced at all times.
- Attends departmental briefings, training, meetings etc. as directed by the outlet supervisor/manager.
- Performs opening and closing duties as requested by the supervisor or manager. Address guests according to company guidelines.
- Ensures that service is performed in accordance with outlet policies.
- Reports to the supervisor/manager when the shift is finished and leaves the outlet within 30 minutes of the shift finishing.
- Performs all tasks as requested by the supervisor or manager.
- Emergency and volunteer work associated with the safety of the staff and guests and cleanliness of the island as required.
- Takes guest orders and serves food & drinks according to instructions given ensuring a high level of guest satisfaction at all times.
- Point of Sale (P.O.S) data entry.
- Maintains par levels and advises supervisor of any shortages. E.g. Crockery, glasses, wine etc.
- Makes coffee, drinks and cocktails as per outlet standards.
Additional Tasks: F&B Attendant – Grade 2
- Assists supervisor/manager with staff training.
- Advanced cashiering and Cash Up.
- Provision of silver/5 star service
- Interact with and service 5 star clientele
Kitchen Personnel, F&B Staff and Management, Room Service
How to apply
Before you apply for an F & B placement in the Whitsundays, please ensure you have read the programme details and understand the programme costs detailed on the Australia Hospitality Internships, Australia Graduate Hospitality Internships or the Australia Hospitality Jobs page.
Enquire Now – have your questions answered by the Hospitality Experts
If you would like further information or have questions to ask, you can fill in the enquiry form on the page below, email your questions/ CV to email@example.com or call +44 (0) 843 289 7089 to have a chat to one of the team.