It’s not often that you get offered the opportunity to work on a tropical island in a 5 star resort. This programme is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for many people and HTE Internships can make it happen!
If you are looking for medical marketing clinic blogging or clinic blog
The hospitality industry is the perfect for an Australian Working Holiday. The longest you can work for one employer is up to six months. So HTE Internships can place you for 6 or 12 months (two consecutive six month jobs).
HTE Internships can make your dream of visiting Australia a reality in the most cost effective and stress free way. Please see below for programme details, costs, job descriptions and location details.
One of our most popular options is splitting your 12 month hospitality placement between two of the top travel destinations in the world.
Start your Hospitality Internship in Australia or New Zealand and combine some travel in between placements. You could be working on an Australian Tropical Island or in the Sydney CBD or in a 4 or 5 star New Zealand Hotel.
Instead of two full placement fees for the different programmes, we have combined the two programmes into an affordable package that will see you working in two of the most sought-after destinations in the world!
See the Australia & New Zealand Split Hospitality Internship page for full details on this unique programme.
Programme Details – What’s included?
The Australian Hospitality Programme is a full-service programme where you will have help and assistance at every step of the process, from enquiry through to support in Australia.
What’s included before you depart
- CV/ Resume and cover letter writing assistance
- Phone interview tips and training
- Paid placement, confirmed before you depart to Australia
- Assistance looking at flights and insurance
- Assistance opening an Australian bank account before you depart
- Australian arrival instructions emailed to you before you depart including:
- Airport transfer details
- First two nights accommodation details
- Details of your first day at work
- Pre-departure checklist
- Contact details for your Australian support team
- Instructions on applying for your Australian tax file number
- Assistance gaining your compulsory Australian RSA (Responsible Service of Alcohol) certificate online
- Assistance applying for your Australian work visa
- If the internship is part of your studies, we will liaise with your placement office. It is your responsibility to ensure the programme meets the requirements of your university.
What’s included in Australia
- 2 nights accommodation in Brisbane
- Airport transfer from Brisbane airport to your accommodation in Brisbane
- Full support from The HTE Internships team
- Greeted at the resort by an employee host
- Introduction to an Australian company to lodge a tax return (optional)
We have a number of options for you, the programme costs below do not include airfare, insurance, visa or RSA (Responsible Service of Alcohol) online course cost. If you are unsure about what the Australian Hospitality Programme includes, please ask the HTE Internship team.
|Programme Length||Deposit||Final Payment|
|6 Months in New Zealand, 6 months in Australia||£300||£1,195|
*Please note that an internship of 12 months will be made up of two six month internships with two separate employers. You will be responsible for your transportation from your first placement to the second.
What can I earn?
Each resort structure their wages/ salary differently, but you can budget on a minimum of A$17 per hour (some pay up to A$22 per hour). You will be working an average of 38 hours per week. There is also the opportunity to work in a different area of the resort for additional pay, some resorts pay 125% of your base wage to work an extra 15 hours per week.
**So if you choose to work extra hours per week, there is the opportunity to earn just under one 1,000 Australian dollars per week, which at today’s exchange rate is around UK580 per week, €670 per week or US$800-900 per week.
Additional costs you need to budget for (Estimated)
|Cost||UK Pounds**||Euros**||US Dollars**|
|Return airfare (depending on time of year)||£600 – £900||€800-1,000||US$700-900|
|Visa Cost (A$235)||£150||€179||US$235|
|Insurance for 12 months||£150 – £320||€120-350||US$100-250|
|RSA Online Course ($80)||£52||€61||80|
|Spending money on arrival/ to first pay (A$300)||£196||€229||US$300|
**Where the above Australian dollar (A$) figures have been given and estimated UK, Euro or US dollar amounts given, the exchange rates used are UK£1 to A$1.53, €1 to A$.1.31 and US$1 to A$1. These are the exchange rate as at 5th of January 2011, you will need to check the current exchange rate at the time you are preparing a personal budget of these figures. All figures above are estimates, you will need to gain a quote based on your circumstances to have an accurate cost.
How to apply
To apply for the Australian Hospitality Programme, or the joint Australia and New Zealand package, please click through to the How to Apply page for application documents and information and full details on the application process. Alternatively, email your CV/ Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Enquire Now – have your questions answered by the Hospitality Experts
If you would like further information or have questions to ask, you can fill in the enquiry form on the page below, email your questions to email@example.com or call +44 (0) 843 289 7089 to have a chat about your hospitality job.